• Second batch of assays from eight holes drilled at Steam Engine Lode confirms significant down-dip extension to gold mineralisation:
– 7m @ 3.7 g/t Au from 94m (SRC126)
incl 4m @ 5.0 g/t Au from 94m
– 8m @ 2.4 g/t Au from 119m (SRC125)
incl 5m @ 3.4 g/t Au from 119m
– 6m @ 2.5 g/t Au from 75m (SRC123)
incl 2m @ 4.7 g/t Au from 79m
– 10m @ 1.6 g/t Au from 126m (SRC122)
• Thicknesses of mineralised zones increasing down-dip
• 77 RC holes have been drilled for a total of 6,248m from 13,000m Greenvale drilling program
• Detailed ground magnetometer survey completed over Steam Engine Project area, including anomalous gold-in-soil zones to the west of Steam Engine Lode. Modelling of survey data commenced.
Superior Resources Limited (ASX:SPQ) has received more encouraging results from drilling at its Steam Engine Gold Project. A second batch of assay results has been received from the Company’s 13,000 metre drilling campaign at its 100% owned Greenvale Project, located approximately 210 km west of Townsville, Queensland.
The results are from eight reverse-circulation (RC) drill holes totalling 1,069m drilled into the Steam Engine Lode with the objective of extending the mineralisation down dip. The results confirm a substantial extension of strong mineralisation down-dip from drilling completed during 2020. This follows positive results from the first 2021 hole at Steam Engine Lode, announced 16 August 2021.
Superior’s Managing Director, Peter Hwang commented: “The results have further confirmed our expectations for the continued down-dip extension of the Steam Engine Lode. Significantly, mineralisation thicknesses have increased in several parts of the lode, indicating greater potential for the existence of large, gold-mineralised zones at depth.
“To date, assays from 2,078 metres of drilling have been received. With the expansion of the 2021 Greenvale drilling program to 13,000 metres, 10,000 metres of which will be drilled at Steam Engine, we are anticipating a significant upgrade to the overall Mineral Resource Estimate.
“Due to the substantially high number of assays that remain outstanding from the labs, we will shortly be moving the rig to commence our copper strategy, starting with the first stage diamond core holes at the Bottletree Copper Prospect. This is a welcome development as we have high expectations for intersecting substantial copper mineralisation, based on the results of our last drilling program in 2018.”